Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Good weekends have the ability to stretch their feel-good vibes into Monday, wonderful weekends make it until Tuesday. So here is Tuesday!
On Saturday I turned 21. After Sofia's birthday, I don't really find any reason to make a fuss about my own birthday. I think most moms are like that, except my own mother of course.
It was a good birthday, there was cake, ice cream and we finally watched Toy Story 3. It was all good.
By Sunday I had already eaten my own weight in cake, its my weekend of indulgence! We had to give my mom a ride to the port in Old San Juan so she could get on the cruise (lucky!). We spent the rest of the afternoon falling in love with San Juan again. I really love that city! I took so many pictures, I probably looked like a tourist! Here are some of my favorites.
callejon
An alley
En el parque de las palomas
Sofia & me at the pigeon park
Garita
A "garita"
Farolito
"farolito"
Ventana en Viejo San Juan
The window of a house that sells limbers,water and sodas
Vista desde el Morro
View to the bay from el Morro.
There is so much beauty I had forgotten, I feel like im barely scraping the surface, there is so much more to see!
Love,
Maria Isabel

7 comments:

  1. great pics, it's like me in London, head down, get through the crowds, get where ya goin, but if ya stop and look up now & again, place is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Maria!! I love seeing your pictures, Puerto Rico sounds gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maria, you lucky girl! It all looks amazingly beautiful - i have this craving for the south and the sea, would love to spend a few days there and share a glass of sth. good with you! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bumpo- yeah that happens to me all the time, sometimes I pass a street and Im like " Wait that wasn't there before!" I love finding new things and re-discovering old ones!
    Felicity- Thank you so much!
    Martina- I would love to get some visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw sj is such a magical place <3 nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what lovely photos!!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love your pictures - I went to San Juan about 10 years ago but would love to go back! Soon, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!