Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TuteTuesday: Vinyl stickers from OnePearlButton

Robot vinyl stickers 6
I found this really cool tutorial over at OnePearlButton that showed how to make stickers from contact paper and permanent markers. Here is my version!
Encontre un tutorial muy bueno en el blog de OnePearlButton donde muestra como hacer stickers de vinil usando papel de contacto (el que se usa para forrar libretas) y marcadores permanentes.
DSC01116
1-First I made some drawings I wanted to turn into stickers. I chose robots for whatever reason.
Primero dibuje los diseños que queria convertir en sellitos. Escoji hacer robots.
Robots vinyl stickers 2
I cut a piece of contact paper big enough to fit my desired drawing. I placed the clear vinyl (or contact paper, whatever you like to call it) over my drawing and secured it with a little piece of tape. The tape is optional, but I strongly suggest it to prevent your vinyl from moving. Now trace your drawing with a permanent marker. I use Sharpies.
Corta un pedazo del papel contacto suficiente grande para que quepa tu dibujo. Puse el pedazo de papel contacto (o vinyl, como prefieras llamarlo) sobre mi dibujo y lo aguante en su lugar con un pedazo de tape. El tape es opcional pero sujiero que lo uses para que no se mueva mientras dibujas. Ahora calquea (o dibuja) en el vinil con un marcador permanente. Yo uso Sharpies.
Robot vinyl stickers 3

Now that my drawing is finished, I cut my drawing with scissors.
Ya que termine mi dibujo, lo corto con tijeras.
Robot vinyl stickers 4
Now that your done you can place them anywhere. They are removable, so if you want to try some designs you can always use these stickers. I placed this fellow on my baby's crib.
Ya terminaste! Ahora puedes poner tu sello donde quieras. Es removible, asi que puedes puedes usar este metodo para probar diseños. Puse este robot en la cuna de mi niña.

Little Sofia liked her new robot pal so much!
A Sofia le encanto su nuevo amigo el robot!

Happy creating!
♥ Maria Isabel
PS I'm playing with the design of this blog, so there might be some layout changes soon (more changes as you can see!)
PD Estoy jugando con el "look" de este blog, asi que talves veas algunos cambios (mas de los que se han hecho!)

PSS I will upload a PDF containing my robots if anyone is interested in making some robo-stickers.
PDD Subire un PDF con mis diseños si alguien los quiere para hacer sus propios robo-stickers.

16 comments:

  1. k cosita mas cutee i luv robots, sta super nice eso d usar contact paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si, es lo mas barato! Con un rollo de $1 hago un monton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria, so lovely to hear from you.
    Visiting your blog was so lovely. Enjoyed the robot you placed on your babies cot.

    If you click onto the photo it will go bigger.
    Sorry it wasn't to close.

    Hope you have an amazing week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que buena idea!!
    Muy claro el paso a paso.
    Tu blog me encanto.Sigo pasando.
    Un beso enorme desde Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable robots!

    tara
    http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - I love your robots!! I'm glad you like the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea, good for kids - they love stickers, and how much fn to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great Maria!!! Clever little thing, you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are supergreat! I raelly like your robots. I've seen the original tutorial and yours is justa s great.

    SaraswatiChB for swapbot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute drawing. ;-)
    agnes for Comments on Craft/Design Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh these are pretty.
    Wath are the requirements for pens to stay on the vinyl?

    fi-swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! I'm going to try these. Super cool. I'm off to the store.

    j3ss1ca (SB)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your tutorial. Now all I need is contact paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are so cute!
    collagecafe04 from swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a great tutorial, thanks for sharing. your robots are really cool too

    samuraijen - swap bot

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made my little stickers with sharpies on contact paper just as you said but they smudged really badly after a day or so and were really tough to reposition without damaging them, its a sweet tutorial with adorable robots but i think the method may need tweaking a bit XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!